The Township Of Chamberlain has adopted an Asset Management Plan. Please visit the OTHER INFORMATION page for more details.
Asset Management Planning – What are the benefits?
Specific benefits associated with an Asset Management Plan are:
- Better decision making
- More effective communications with ratepayers, elected officials, organizations and regulatory agencies
- Consistent levels of service
- Better management of risk to the municipality
- More effective financial planning that ensures sustainability
- Reduces lifecycle costs
- Leads to more efficient data management
- Facilitates the implementation of policy objectives
- Avoids problems and potential crises
- Positive internal cooperation and partnerships
- Maps a course of action
Asset Management Plan – What are the key principles?
Asset management can be characterized the following key principles:
- A strategic and proactive approach to management of infrastructure
- A comprehensive long-term view of infrastructure performance and cost
- Measures the municipal financial capacity to meet the overall strategic and business plans of the municipality.
- A visible and transparent approach that requires effective communication among all stakeholders.
- A plan involving choices that are policy driven and prioritized.
- An ongoing program – a “living” document.